The history of UD Vinduer
1 August 1970
Lee Tømrer og Snedkerforretning.
The business was taken over on 1 August 1970 and was renamed Lee Tømrer og Snedkerforretning. During the takeover, 1 student also accompanied.
In the beginning, the focus was only on construction, where doors and windows were also manufactured for own construction projects, but after inquiries from several colleagues about whether they could buy windows outside the standard dimensions, production was expanded.
Expansion of the existing factory
In 1973, excavated for an extension of the existing workshop by 140 m²
New factory building
In 1974-75, excavation began for a new factory building of 300 m² + an extension for the private residence
Transformed into a limited company
In 1982, the company was transformed into a limited company under the name Ulrik Dalmose A/S Vinduesfabrik.
The factory burned down
In 1984, the original factory and the one new building burned down, after which the old foundation was rebuilt, but in 2 floors and a painting department was set up, so that the elements could be delivered with a finished surface treatment.
New office building
In 1986, a new office building was built next to the residence.
The factory was again expanded
In 1987, a piece of purchased peace forest was excavated and the factory was again expanded with a 2-storey building of 800 m², as well as a canteen and new facility rooms of 65 m². In 1993, a warehouse and production hall for lift-and-slide doors were again expanded. The total production building is now approx. 1600 m².
Rejection of new machine hall
In 1999, the rest of the peace forest (6 tdr. land) was purchased and an application was made for the construction of a new machine hall of 3000 m², but Bjerringbro Municipality refused.
U D Vinduer A/S
As there was a large lack of space, after the refusal from Bjerringbro Municipality, a factory building was purchased at Vestergade 22 in Ulstrup in Hvorslev municipality, where the entire factory started up on 2 January 2000 in a newly furnished building of 5500 m², at the same time the company name was changed to U D Vinduer A/S
NEW PRODUCTION STARTS
In February 2003, a new production of wooden/aluminium windows was started to cause a lack of space, this production was moved to the old building in Lee on August 1st 2003.
In 2006, the space at the new factory in Ulstrup had become too cramped once again after UD Vinduer had taken over the production of lift-and-slide doors for many other factories for several years. A 1500 m2 factory was built with a modern painting workshop, especially for lif-and-slide doors. . In addition, there is shortening of frame wood, assembly/glazing in lift-and-slide doors as well as occasional loading of goods in a closed hall. The office premises were also renovated and expanded with the first floor
In 2007, the son Uffe Dalmose joined the ownership circle and the welfare rooms at the factory in Ulstrup were renovated and expanded by 120m2. The company now has approx. 8500m2 production areas.
In 2009, the production of a new wooden/aluminum sliding door started. Wood/aluminum production was expanded in 2010 to include all products.
Today, the company works purposefully to be able to produce exactly what the customers want, this is done by entering into a dialogue with the architect and the end user, at as early a time as possible.